Austroads is the association of Australasian road transport and traffic agencies.
Austroads’ purpose is to improve Australian and New Zealand transport outcomes by:
- providing expert technical input to national road and transport policy development
- improving the practices and capability of road agencies
- promoting operational consistency by road agencies.
Austroads members are collectively responsible for the management of over 900,000 kilometres of roads valued at more than $200 billion representing the single largest community asset in Australia and New Zealand. Each year in excess of $18 billion is spent on roads across Australia and New Zealand.
- Roads and Maritime Services New South Wales
- Roads Corporation Victoria
- Department of Transport and Main Roads Queensland
- Main Roads Western Australia
- Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure South Australia
- Department of State Growth Tasmania
- Department of Transport Northern Territory
- Territory and Municipal Services Directorate Australian Capital Territory
- Commonwealth Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development
- Australian Local Government Association
- New Zealand Transport Agency
- Austroads conducts strategic research which helps road agencies address current and emerging issues
- Austroads publishes Guides to promote a nationally consistent approach to the design, maintenance and operation of road networks.
- Austroads facilitates the sharing of knowledge by widely disseminating research outputs, conducting seminars, and promoting the use of Austroads work.
- Austroads conducts business activities on behalf of Australasian road agencies.
- Austroads fosters international collaboration by engaging with and supporting international road organisations.