The Austroads Guide to Project Evaluation assembles knowledge on project evaluation methods, parameters and tools into a readily available and accessible resource for planners and decision-makers.
The Guide provides advice to practitioners beyond the standard benefit-cost analysis (BCA) or multi-criteria analysis (MCA) evaluations, including project risk assessment, the national and regional impacts of projects, distributional (equity) effects of projects, and project post-evaluation analysis.
The Guide to Project Evaluation comprises:
- Part 1: Introduction to Project Evaluation
- Part 2: Project Evaluation Methodology
- Part 3: Models and Procedures
- Part 4: Project Evaluation Data
- Part 5: Impact on National Regional Economies
- Part 6: Distribution (Equity) Effects
- Part 7: Post-completion Evaluation
- Part 8: Examples Asset Valuation and Audit
Each part of the Guide can be purchased separately or all parts can be purchased as a set in hardcopy or PDF.
The Guide will be superseded by the Australian Transport Assessment and Planning (ATAP) Guidelines.
Australian and New Zealand road agencies and local councils
Austroads members can download PDF versions of the Guides for free. This includes all state and territory road agencies and local councils in Australia and New Zealand.