The Austroads Australasian Pedestrian Crossing Facility Selection Tool is designed to help practitioners to select the most appropriate pedestrian crossing facility.
To progress to the tool please follow the instructions below.
- Gather your inputs. A detailed list of required inputs is provided in the User Guide.
- Enter the project name, location and date of assessment.
- Enter the site information, physical/environmental and operational inputs. The assessment requires that all inputs relating to the site and facilities have been entered.
- To review the model parameters, click on the show/hide link.
- Click the 'Calculate feasibility' button. This will present the feasible facilities table.
- Enter the built parameters for the facilities to be evaluated.
- Include or exclude facilities from the assessment by checking or unchecking the boxes in the column Show in final output? Non-feasible facilities can be included in the final facility assessment but these will only be listed and no assessment outputs will be shown.
- Click the 'Calculate assessment' button to display the outputs for each facility including delays, crash rate, sight distances, pedestrian Level of Service and economic evaluation.
- Additional comments or observations can be entered in the Notes.
- To print use the Print page link in the top bar, the page should be set to Landscape orientation.
Help tips are available for most inputs. To display, hover your mouse over the icon ().
You cannot save your session in this version of the tool.
The Australasian Pedestrian Crossing Facility Selection Web Tool ("the tool") tool is freely provided by Austroads and Abley Transportation Consultants Limited. The tool is intended to help practitioners select an appropriate pedestrian crossing facility for a particular location. The tool is based on literature, and analytical and behavioural research coupled with a number of mathematical models. Its development is detailed in the Austroads report Development of the Pedestrian Facility Selection Tool. As with all mathematical models care must be taken to understand input limitations and background assumptions when interpreting the outputs. The tool does not replace professional engineering or planning advice and neither Austroads nor Abley Transportation Consultants Limited accept any responsibility regarding the tool. While we have endeavoured to ensure the information output by the tool is appropriate, we make no representations or warranties of any kind about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the outputs. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk and it is your responsibility to check all information output by the tool. To proceed to the tool, please acknowledge you have read, understood and agree with the above disclaimer.
I agree with the disclaimer: proceed to the tool