Austroads publishes a range of Guides which cover the design, construction, maintenance and operation of the road network in Australia and New Zealand.
All road agencies across Australasia have adopted the Austroads Guides.
The Guides document agreed methods and processes, and provide information about new technologies and procedures related to the road and road transport industry.
The Austroads Guides are:
In addition to the Guides listed above, Austroads publishes several other guide-type publications including:
- Cycling Aspects of Austroads Guides
- Guidelines for Environmental Reporting
- Austroads Design Vehicles and Turning Path Templates
- Bituminous Materials Sealing Safety Guide
- Telecommunications in Road Reserves: Operational Guidelines for Installations
Download the Austroads Guides brochure for an overview.
Free access from 30 June 2018
From 30 June 2018, the PDFs of all Guides can be downloaded at no charge. Most hard copies have been discontinued. This is in preparation for our new website, due to be launched at the end of August, which will include online versions of the Guides.